Construction projects typically involve dozens of entities working on a complex, often high-risk endeavor.
Our job is to ensure that the many participants in the project are qualified for the work, aligned with our clients’ goals, have a thorough understanding of their roles, and are positioned to work safely and efficiently in completing their scope.
As in preconstruction, effective project delivery thrives on sound planning and the resourcefulness to adapt to changing conditions. Our project team meets individually and as a group with all key members of the team before the project starts to ensure a shared understanding of project scope and goals.
Even the best of plans requires periodic adjustment to address inevitable issues that arise or to take of advantage of new opportunities. We employ daily huddles and weekly team meetings to assess project status and adjust and fine tune our plan as the situation warrants. We emphasize a flexible, collaborative process that incorporates contributions from the owner and the design team as well as our subcontractors and suppliers.
Construction Management Services Include:
- Safety and logistics management including regular inspections
- Skilled field and office management
- Scheduling – master and detailed 4-week “look ahead”
- Procurement, including long-lead item focus
- Regular client and architect meetings with minutes
- Weekly subcontractor meetings with minutes
- Communication with all stakeholders including impacted neighbors
- Coordination of LEED required elements including documentation and certification (as applicable)
- Standard “green” construction approaches including recycling of waste, monitoring of indoor air quality, and effective management of temporary utilities
- Cost controls and reporting
- Quality inspections and control
- Operations & Maintenance Manuals and As-built drawings
- Coordination of commissioning and building startup
- Training in systems
- Establishing post-construction support
Complex projects begin with a simple conversation